Monday 8 June 2015

Embrace Possibilities

Today I have my third Guest Design piece for Fernli Designs.
I have used the Fernli Extra Large Tag which I have decorated with DecoArt Media products. I coloured the background with DecoArt Media Mists Primary Magenta, Orange and Yellow and then used Andy Skinner's Mega Crackle Technique.
The focal piece is a Sandra Evertson Prima piece from her Archival Cast Embellishment range which I coated with DecoArt Crackle Paint, allowed to dry and then painted with Orange and Yellow Media Mists. I then painted over the top with a dirty wash and applied a coat of Ultra-Matte Varnish. I also stamped the text 'think' 'visualise' and 'create' using Visible Image stamps. I then added the hand to the top of my heart, added DecoArt Texture Sand around the edges and once again painted with Crackle Paint and coloured with Orange and Yellow Mists and then applied a dirty wash and finally applied a coat of Ultra-Matte Varnish. I added a Remnant Rub to the top of the hand.
I stamped the word INSPIRE from Visible Image to my design using Black Archival Ink and from this picture you can see the texture from the wonderful crackle and the rusty elements.
I added stamped circles using Finnabair' stamps and added rusty wire circles to each stamped piece for added texture and dimension.
I addd a further three stamped circles to the bottom of the tag again adding rusty wire to each.
Behind my focal piece I added a piece of Chicken Wire from Fernli which I rusted by applying a coat of Quinacridone Gold, then applying Carbon Black Antiquing Cream, and rubbing away some of the top coat with a baby wipe. I then applied a top coat of Ultra-Matte Varnish.
I stamped the word DREAM and 'embrace possibilities' to the bottom of the tag.
I added a circle of rusty wire around my focal image and also added some coils of rusty wire to the top.
I would like to add this to the Craft Stamper Make it Take it Challenge for June which this time around is all about TEXTURE and my piece is extremely tactile!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


15 comments:

JJ said...

Stunning creation.

Love & hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful crackle and metal!

Corrie Herriman said...

I love all the crackles and the rusted metal ! Fabulous !
Corrie x

Helen said...

Beautiful, Tracy!!

Brenda Brown said...

Love those crackles with the spray colours behind and then the fabulous chicken wire with its rusty coating. This is a brilliant tag Tracy. Xxx

A Pink said...

Really love all the texture you have created Tracy n it works so well with all the rusty elements n chicken wire - definitely my kinda thing !

Redanne said...

Wow Tracy, I cannot decide which part I like best, the fabulous crackling or the wonderful chicken wire, I really need to get some of that! An amazing creation! Hugs, Anne xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

fabulous textures x sorry I am so behind commenting!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

I think this is so creepy cool, with the hand coming out. Almost looks like the coolest headstone ever! LOVE the words and crackle goodness!

Pamellia said...

Wow Tracy, this is so incredible!! I love the mega crackle on the background, and your heart is freaking awesome! I have just put media misters on my wish list! Beautiful colourings and the rusted metal accents are just wonderful! Another amazing work of art! hugs :)

Sandra said...

Stunning crackle! And love the rusty effect! Hugs, Sandra

Unknown said...

Tracy--You are just soooo AWESOME!! :) All of the crackly goodness is soooo cool!! I completely love the Fernli Designs chicken wire!! It's a fabulous embellishment, Tracy :) I was wondering how the heck you flattened your chicken wire!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

Linda said...

Love this ..... the crackle looks fab and I love the rusty wire. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, I'm in crackle heaven! What a glorious creation.
Alison xx

Gio said...

That's just incredibile!A feast for eyes in every detail! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge :-)