Thursday 8 January 2015

Time to Celebrate

Morning, Thursday so that means it's time for my weekly post for Katzelkraft.
I have used the Hologe stamp set, I love the large clock face image on this one and have used it as my focal point on my card. I thought this would be perfect for a masculine birthday. I have applied crackled texture paste through Tim Holtz clockwork layering stencil and once dry I spritzed the background with Weathered Wood and Iced Spruce Distress Spray Stains and added touches of Tarnished Brass as a contrast.
The focal image has been stamped onto a piece of white card that has been coloured with Iced Spruce and Weathered Wood Distress Inks, stamping with black Archival Ink for a bold focal point. I have also added an Idea-ology sprocket for added interest. I have also included a bottlecap with part of the image stamped on the inside, adding watch parts and then filling with clear Ultra Thick Enamel. A Game Spinner has been added to the top. For further interest I also included Memo Pins with added lettering to spell TIME which I filled carefully with clear Ultra Thick Enamel. I normally use Glossy Accents but I did not want to wait so long for them to dry, too impatient!
'Just Celebrate' had been added for the sentiment which I thought was perfect for any occasion including a birthday. Mini tags have been die cut from white card, coloured with Weathered Wood Distress Ink and I have stamped 2015 onto each one. I adore the shimmer from the metallic Distress Spray Stains, I added a touch of Brushed Pewter Distress Spray for added shimmer which combines beautifully with the Weathered Wood and Iced Spruce.
For added texture I also included a twine bow behind my bottle cap.

I would also like to enter this into the TRY IT ON TUESDAY challenge which this time around is'My Favourite Things' and this card has my favourite things in abundance, texture, dimension, embellishments, layers, I love them all.

I would also like to enter this into the FRILLY AND FUNKY challenge which this time around is Anything Goes and there is gorgeous artwork on display to inspire you. 

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop


13 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Just saw this amazing card over at KK - and it's great to see some more details here. The crackle is fab and I just love that bottle top - perfect embellishment for the stamps.
Alison xx

Pamellia said...

HOLY MUDDLEFUDS!! Tracy, this is stunning, wow! LOVE that background, the texture is amazing and the metallics really work! Fabulous stamp and the bottle cap detail is incredible! What an amazing mixed media card! LOVE IT! big hugs until next time :)

Almost forgot...Thank you so much for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for our 'My Favourite Things' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

You should totally enter this into our Anything Goes challenge over at Frilly and Funkie, your style is such a perfect fit for us!!
http://frillyandfunkie.blogspot.ca/2014/12/anything-goes.html

Margik said...

This card is absolutely fantastic! I love the great texture, embellishments, and such a fabulous design.
Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
Mar x

massofhair said...

Stunning textures and crackle, must get the tarnished brass DS, it works beautifully with the Iced Spruce and Weathered Wood DI.

Fantastic Card! :-) xxx

Redanne said...

Your cards are always beautiful but this one has me totally mesmerised, I love everything about it. The background is gorgeous and I love the bottle cap, it is a wonderful addition. Hugs, Anne xx

Tina Theis of Ivory Moon Designs said...

OH WOW Tracy I LOVE IT ... but then there are very few of your makes that I don't like LOL ... really beautiful ... oh and LOVE how you have linked the photos so it take you straight to pinterest .... great idea xxxxx

HUGE HUGE Tina xxxxx

Denise Fletcher said...

Oh WOW l have never seen such a fantasic New Year card, ever! This is so brilliant! Love every element! Love that glossy embossing!! You are so clever, young lady!

Denise Fletcher said...

Oopo! Its not a New Year card, but it SHOULD be!

Cec said...

Gorgeous card that would be so great for a guy. Love all the time elements, especially the crackle clock in the background. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Nancy Dynes said...

Wow! I don't know where to start! The background is fabulous. I love the layering and use of the various elements as well. Everything works together to create a stunning card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Nancy

Lisa H said...

this is wonderful Tracy!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Love your technique packed creation. Beautiful distress ink combo iced spruce and weather wood. Thanks for sharing this masculine card Tracy.

Jenny Marples said...

So beautifully done Tracy. I love the crackle stencilling and the way you've added the watch parts to the bottle cap. A fantastically designed card. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x