Monday 8 December 2014

Traditional Christmas

Wow I can't believe we are on the second week of December. I am really enjoying this month as I adore the build up to Christmas Eve. Today I would like to share a further Christmas card with you using the MidWinter stamp set from Artistic Outpost.
I love using the colour red in my Christmas cards, it adds a real traditional feel to the design. The background has been stamped with Vermillion Archival Ink using Tim Holtz Wallpaper background stamp.
I die cut a bauble from white card using a Spellbinders die, kept the die in place and then stamped the reindeer into place using Potting Soil and Vermillion Archival Inks. I also added a touch of shading to the edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. For added interest I also included some delicate stencilled stars to the background of the bauble. I also included Christmas tickets from Tim Holtz Odds and Ends stamp set, again stamping with Vermillion Archival Ink.
I added vintage seam binding along with coordinated twine and added an enameled tag with a Christmas remnant rub added. Festive Foliage, coloured with Gold Alcohol Mixative adds a touch more interest to the bow detail.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x


9 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

A delightful card Tracy and beautiful embellishing as always. xx

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Tracy, wow look at all I missed, your boxes are spectacular, love them and this card is sooooooo beautiful,, love the bow,missed you, thanks for sharing , hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))...

Pamellia said...

Well Tracy, I think it's official...you make the most gorgeous holiday cards ever!! This is just amazing and you know I love that stamp set as much as you do!! Are you a country girl as well? Love the damask background, and the splash of brown! Fabulous! hugs :)

Yvonne Garner said...

I agree with Pamela! Your cards are just stunning!

Redanne said...

Oh yes Tracy - red, white and Christmas are just perfect partners! Love this gorgeous card... Hugs, Anne xx

Shirley said...

Love the look of this card Tracy. The background looks so elegant and the embellies jaz it up just enough to make it look amazing.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Rita said...

Beautiful creation Tracy. Love it. Hugs Rita xxx

massofhair said...

Beautiful vintage and happy looking Christmas cards (i know what i mean lol),love all the little embellishments which make all the difference :-) xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Am loving this colourway doing the rounds this year, and you use it to perfection. Another stunning card with layers and dimension and perfect composition... brilliant!
Alison xx