Thursday 25 September 2014

Enjoy Today!

Today I am showcasing the fabulous COLLAGE EQUINOXE stamp plate from Katzelkraft.
To create the background I mixed turqoise and lime paint (Dina Wakley range) with white embossing paste and applied to the background using a palette knife, I love the textural feel this gives to my background. I then dried with a heat tool.
I die cut an ATC from white card using Tim Holtz ATC & Corners die, brayered the background with paint and then stamped the image with Black Archival Ink. I also matted the ATC onto a piece of black card so that it popped against the background. I also included a Botanical Remnant Rub "enjoy today" to the design.
Die cut leaves have been added which I then painted with lime and turquoise paint. I also added random stamping to the background using the text from the COLLAGE DRAGONFLY stamp plate. I also applied white embossing paste through a stencil and added random circles to the background for added interest along with delicate black splatters. I highlighted some of the wonderful texture and dimension with silver Treasure Wax.
Small roses and butterfly embellishments (a gift from Sandra, thank you) were added for further dimension and interest. I also included some coordinated twine for further texture.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop

7 comments:

Redanne said...

Your painty background is gorgeous, I love the colours and the random stamping. The white paste and black splats look wonderful too and the flower stamp is so beautiful. I love this! Hugs, Anne xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Gorgeous Px

Bananimac said...

Soooo love it x

Dianne said...

Well Miss Tracy another GLORIOUS card you just keep pumping out the most GORGEOUS creation, I love well all of it, you have showcased those stamps to perfection, the colors are spectacular, your ROCK, Miss Tracy, wow so much inspiration here, thanks for that hope you have a wonderful week, ((( BIG HUGS )))...

Anneke said...

This card looks adorable. Such lovely fresch green. Love it Anneke.

Anonymous said...

Great textures and colours Tracy, this is gorgeous!
Alison xxx

hazel said...

A beautiful card - gorgeous colours.
xxx Hazel.