Thursday 3 July 2014

Floral Artist Trading Block

Time for my weekly post for Katzelkraft and this week I have created a floral ATB to coincide with this months challenge which is FLOWERS .
The front of my ATB showcases the fabulous Collage Equinoxe stamp which I have stamped in Potting Soil Archival Ink set against a brayered background of Broken China and Mustard Seed Distress Paints. I have also added some subtle text background stamping using Saffron Archival Ink. I have also added wooden spools to the base and added touches of background stamping to each using Potting Soil Archival Ink.
The Collage Dragonfly has been added to the side of my block which also has a flower in the top left hand corner. I have also added some dimensional flowers to the front corner of my block.
I have stamped the Echinacea flower from the Butterflies 04 stamp set to the opposite side of my block stamping the image with Saffron and touches of Potting Soil Archival Ink. I have also added more touches of background stamping along with a bird from the Tampons Decoratifs Oiseaux stamp set.
The top of my block has a wooden birdcage added, coloured with Distress Paints along with stamped flowers from the Tampons Decoratifs Physalis-Hummingbird stamp set. I have also stamped two small birds to the top of the block along with background stamping. I have also included more dimensional flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by. We would love it if you could join in our challenge this month. Simply link your creations HERE.

Tracy Evans x x x

Katzelkraft Blog
Katzelkraft Shop

14 comments:

Doreen said...

Wow this is amazing Tracey,great design and details.xxx

Cath said...

Another stunner. Love the colours and the stamps are just fab xxx

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful layered florals on this pretty box Tracey! love the long spool legs too!

rachel said...

fab colours and a beautiful ATB Tracy -awesome xx

eileen hull said...

You just keep them coming Tracy! Wow I really love the colors you used for this block- yellow is one of my faves for summer this year... great combo of techniques and stamps- love it!

Claudine said...

Beautiful ATB Tracy, reminds me of summer and how beautiful those flowers can be.

Jools Robertson said...

Wow! Didn't realise it's an ATB, all of the sides are beautiful. Love the Daisy's and burdy!

Jools x

massofhair said...

Loving your ATB, great colour choice and enjoying your inspiration of adding flowers, spools and the bird cage :-) xxx

Redanne said...

Oh Tracy, this has left me speechless.... well almost! I love, love your gorgeous ATB, the stamps and stamping are amazing and I adore the birdcage on top. Stunning work!! Anne xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Beautiful! LOVE the legs, and all the gorgeous florals!

Martina said...

This is a beautiful piece, dear Tracy...every detail is perfect. Standing O from me!

May said...

Gorgeous creation Tracy..your attention to detail is outstanding... Love the images & I adore the legs....Hugs May x x

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful brayering and stamping, and the dimensional flowers are fab... Love those long legs too, and the gorgeous text stamping on them.
Alison xx

Dianne said...

Holy Moly Miss Tracy, okay I think you are becoming the Queen of ATB, it's So gorgeous, SO unique,SO creative and just down right BEAUTIFUL...Thanks for sharing...