Friday 3 January 2014

JUST FOR YOU

A new year, a new set of stamps to work with from Creative Expressions. This month we are working with two sets and today I am using the BEJEWELLED BAG from the singles range.
The background has been coloured with Antique Linen Distress Ink, I simply swiped the inkpad across the card and then spritzed with water and continued to apply the ink until I was happy with the depth of colour.
I then placed the Blossom Mask over the inked background and applied Broken China Distress Ink over the mask to add flowers to the backdrop. The Bejewelled Bag has been stamped with Broken China Distress Ink and shading adding by simply using a water brush to drag the colour into the shaded areas. I have also added Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA Glue Teal to the bag to represented the beaded areas. 'Just For You' has been stamped with Cornflower Blue Archival Ink, cut out and coloured with  Broken China Distress Ink and then added to the card. To add further dimension and interest I have also added a bag charm embellishment. I have applied Cosmic Shimmer Beeswax to the edges of my card and then applied Patina Gilding Wax around the edges.
To add further interest and dimension I added a dimensional bloom to the top of my card cut from Foundations Teal Card and beige card using the Spellbinders Aster Flower Topper die, adding a Vintage Metal Embellishment to the centre and twine to the back of my flower for added texture.
Don't forget it is "Fun Time Friday" once again on the Creative Expressions Facebook page, simply leave a comment and you could be in with a chance of winning a fabulous prize.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Tracy x x

Creative Expressions Facebook
Creative Expressions News

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Where in USA can I buy these stamps? Love them.

Cathi ONeill said...

Gorgeous card!!

rachel said...

very pretty card Tracy - lovely xx

Brenda Brown said...

Such a pretty card.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty and I can imagine that stamp being used for so many different ages, from the youngest to teenage through to a more mature woman.
Wishes
Lynne

Carol Q said...

another one of your beautiful flowers Tracy. I think I need some of that teal card!

Terry said...

Hey there Tracy, another stunner, love the blue colours and the flower is just fabulous. Thank you for sharing sweets, hugs Terry xxxx

Redanne said...

I do love the way you embellish your cards, this one is beautiful and I love that blossom stencil! The colours are gorgeous too. Hugs, Anne x

Martina said...

I love your card, dear Tracy! So beautiful!
I hope you spent the festive season well? I wish you and your families a healthy and happy New Year.
If you want, then look over at my blog. Because there is something to win :-)
Hugs MARTINA

Terry said...

Very pretty, Tracy! Love the floral decoration with that stylish bag! Happy New Year!

Words and Pictures said...

Great colours, and another fabulous flower/string embellishment - gorgeous!
Alison xx

Kezzy said...

Wow absolutely gorgeous elegant card and I love the beautiful string bow. Kezzy :-) xxx