Wednesday 15 February 2012

Monthly Blog Hop.....................

........................With Artistic Outpost, yes it's that time of the month where we showcase some of the fabulous images available from Artistic Outpost and this month we are highlighting the London Underground and Loverly London plates, absolutely perfect when you consider it is the Queen's Jubilee and the Olympics this year.
                                           London Underground       Loverly London
 
I decided to decorate the letters UK to represent the United Kingdom and decorate with the fabulous images from these two plates giving a vintage feel to my overall theme.  The letters have been covered with torn pages from a vintage book front and back and coloured with Distress Ink brushed corduroy and vintage photo.
Once completely covered with torn paper and coloured I stamped LONDON randomly over the letter U in vermillion Archival Ink. I added the Union Jack to one side of my letter hung from a screw eye, again stamped with vermillion ink and sponged with brushed corduroy. I cut three circles from white card and added images to each with coffee Archival Ink sponging with brushed corduroy to blend with my background on the letter. Each circle has been edged with black soot Distress Ink to give a little dimension and to lift from the background. A collage of images have been added to the bottom corner along with a mini Union Jack food flag I found in a local store.
Again I have covered the letter with torn vintage papers, stamped CHEERIO in vermillion Archival Ink. I have cut three circles from white card and added images stamped with vermillion and coffee Archival Ink, I love how all these images combine so well together.
They look great together and would be fabulous as a table decoration for the Queens Jubilee, mmmmm may even consider doing a special tea for the occasion!

My fellow Design Team members have created some fabulous pieces using the London plates, pop along and be inspired along the way.

Artistic Outpost are also holding a fabulous Referral Program, the theme being SHADES OF RED why not pop along HERE for all the details and there is a fabulous prize on offer too.


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the blog hop. Tracy x x
 

33 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Love this Tracy! What a cool idea! I love these stamps and think I should get them out again!

Yvonne Garner said...

Tracy, this is just over the top! So creative and so well deigned. I plan on studying it in detail later this a.m.! Bravo! Yvonne

Paula Whittaker said...

just perfect!

G Peplow said...

This is wonderful tracy, love the vintage colouring too xxx

Brenda Brown said...

How effective Tracy - love the idea.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sandy said...

Wow wow wow wow wow wow !!!
Stunning design. These rock. Love them. xoxo

Barb Cady said...

What a brilliant idea! Just the thing to make to put in the window for the olympics and the jubilee! Thanks Tracy x

Suzanne C said...

LOVE it! Beautiful design and the details are wonderful. I wish I could do a 360 view of all the layering and work. The flag hanging off the U is Fab!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

seriously cool use of the stamps for creative home decor...LOVE!

Sarah said...

Totally fab and such wonderful colours...luuurve the flag...can we use this instead of the ghastly Olympic logo...!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Great idea, the letters look fab.

Terry said...

What a brilliant project and so perfect with those stamps! Love this!

Alison said...

I love those letters Tracy! A fabulous project, & great use of those images! xox

Lynne Moncrieff said...

A stunning stamped project with so much detail, this surely took you hours of creative time.
Wishes
Lynne

Hetty said...

What a wonderful project and I agree, it should be on the table for the Queens Jubilee. You should send her the picture! ;-)

Emma Williams said...

FABULOUS!! I absolutely love this creation~it's a work of art and you must be so proud of it...it's gorgeous, Tracy.
Love Emma xx

genagirl said...

This is totally outstanding! I love it, because it's so clever. It would make a great centerpiece for a Brit party!!

Carol Q said...

great idea Tracy. you can remind yourself all year it's the Diamond Jubilee!

Gillian .... said...

Love Love Love this Tracy, such a cool use of the stamps, love the letters too, fab project all round. x

NWFlamingo said...

Another brilliant project! Too cool!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab altered letters! What a perfect way to showcase the london images!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh I love those letters! What a cool project - and I love the good old British theme! Hope you are well ;) xx

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, such a cool idea!

Jessica said...

I do sooo want to take a trip to the UK, so these stamps are just what I'd love to have in the meantime! lol Love the Letters! TFS

Sylvia from Minnesota said...

Tracy, this is fabulous.

LynnF said...

This is amazing!!! High 5 from me!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

High 5 is right!!! This is so awesome! Way to think out of the box...which you do often...lol!!! I love, love, love this!

anna christensen crafts said...

Very, Very Cool!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, wow and WOW again! You completely ROCKED this hop, Tracy. Your UK is a seriously awesome piece of work. Love everything about it!!!! You really inspire me to stretch myself more!

Lyneen said...

Fantastic... I do believe you should have a party in honor of the QUeens Jubilee. These are wonderful!

Basement Stamper said...

Love the letters and you made great use of the sets with them.

BarbaraW said...

What a great way to showcase these stamps. I always love your take on a project. You're amazing.

Gerri Herbst said...

This is simply the best creation I have seen on the web! I think it is divine. Thanks for visiting me, take care, gerri.